Melanotan II Peptide
Melanotan II is an analogue of the hormone responsible for pigmentation in skin and hair.
This peptide has been shown not only to increase skin pigmentation, resulting in a substantially tanner skin tone, but also to stimulate fat loss and increase libido. Its aphrodisiac effects were so substantial that it was the basis for the development of another peptide designed exclusively to address erectile and sexual dysfunction.
Benefits of Melanotan II Peptide Therapy
*Patient results can vary. Dosing is 0.25 ml to start with, best given at night to avoid upset stomach. Given nightly for 4 to 5 days, monitoring color depth.
Increased Skin Pigmentation
- Typically, the skin will go 3 to 4 shades darker if the injections are stopped about day 4 but this is variable.
- Some evidence suggests that if M2 is accompanied with mild cortisol therapy -> more consistent pigmentation is achieved
- In one case, a woman with melasma darkened evenly and tanned well.
- Some people need to use Melanotan 2 for a week to 10 days, then weekly to monthly to maintain skin color.
- May hyper-pigment moles / freckles in some patients.
- Melanocortin activity in the amygdala controls appetite for dietary fat.
- Synthetic melanotropic peptides initiate erections in men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction: double-blind, placebo controlled crossover study. Similar effects on libido are seen in women.