CoolSculpting is a non-invasive fat reduction procedure that works by freezing away stubborn fat. There is little to no downtime and minimal side effects. If you’ve just started to look into CoolSculpting and want to learn more, here are answers to some of the most common questions.
- Is CoolSculpting only for women? No, CoolSculpting works for both men and women.
- Is CoolSculpting safe? CoolSculpting is scientifically-based, clinically studied, FDA-approved, and safe for fat reduction for both women and men.
- Are there side effects? Common immediate side effects of CoolSculpting can include:
- pinching sensation
- minor swelling
- skin sensitivity
- mild to moderate pain
- Is CoolSculpting for me if I’m obese or very overweight? CoolSculpting is best for people who are near their target weight. While it does get rid of fat, it is not a treatment for people who need to lose a lot of weight. Typically people lose up to 25% of unwanted fat from the treated area, but CoolSculpting alone won’t help you drop pounds.
- Should I consider CoolSculpting if I haven’t lost all the weight I plan to yet? If you’re in the process of weight loss and aren’t close to your target weight, (but are on your way!) talk to a doctor about areas that might be good for you once you reach your goal. CoolSculpting can be a great incentive or addition to a total lifestyle and body makeover!
- How do I know if I have enough fat to treat? In order for CoolSculpting to work effectively, you have to have enough fat to freeze! Generally, the pinch an inch test works—if you’re able to grab and pinch an inch on an area, CoolSculpting will be effective.
- Do I need to be in good health to have CoolSculpting? Although CoolSculpting is not surgery and doesn’t have many side effects, it is still a medical procedure and is recommended for people who are in good overall health. Plus, the healthier you are the less likely you will be to experience side effects. If you have chronic conditions or health concerns, let your CoolSculpting practitioner know.
- I’m tired of stubborn fat, is CoolSculpting right for me? Yes. Yes. Yes! CoolSculpting is a minimally-invasive, non-surgical and completely safe way to reduce body fat that is resistant to other weight-loss efforts, (diet and exercise).
The best way to find out if you’re a candidate is to talk to a provider who will professionally and thoroughly explain CoolSculpting to determine if it makes sense for you.
Call Marshall Lifestyle Medicine today and schedule your FREE consultation to discuss your options. (859) 554-8486 or visit https://marshalllifestylemedicine.com/cool-luxe-coolsculpting/.